Storm Damage? Now what?
Storm Damage? Now What?
Unfortunately, it does happen, hopefully not often. With the changes in our current weather patterns, it seems heavier rains, stronger winds, and overall severe weather seems to be getting more, well….. severe. So what do you do when severe weather strikes your home? Most severe weather damage is a result of wind, which in turn exposes your home to the subsequent rain which enters the interior of the residence. Here are some recommended steps to take immediately if this occurs:
- CALL SERVPRO of LBL South! While the damage may be minimal “looking” early on, you have no idea where the watered entered, nor where it had traveled before it became noticeable to you. It is best to call the professionals who are available 24 hours a day.
- Gather insurance documents and prepare to have those for when SERVPRO of LBL South arrives. It is not mandatory that you have this information in order to call us, however, it helps us to understand how we can assist as we move through the initial inspection process of your home or business.
- Listen closely to the Crew Chief as he/she explains the process, and this is the time to ask any questions as it pertains to the process. Our Crew Chiefs are happy to explain the drying science, as well as how each piece of equipment functions to help restore your home to its normal level of dryness.
- BE PATIENT! Our job as the premier restoration company in the nation is to ensure your home is dry following storm damage. We know the fans and dehumidifiers may be a touch loud, and you may be tempted to turn them off to catch your favorite television series. Do not alter the equipment left behind by a company. If there is an issue with the equipment, please consult with your Crew Chief.
- Be prepared to contact a construction company to replace the materials removed from the home that were affected by the storm. While SERVPRO of LBL South does have a construction team that can restore your home like new, the mitigation process goes much faster than the replacement process. While a standard water damage mitigation can take up to seven days, the restoring of a home following storm damage can take days or even months depending upon the level of damage. It is best to consult with the Crew Chief, AND the Construction Manager on your options as it relates to the restoring of your home.
SERVPRO of LBL South is #HeretoHelp following any storm damage your residence or business may incur. Our emergency line is open 24-Hours a day and we may be reached at (731) 642-1284.